BIC Africa Acceleration Programme For African Entrepreneurs 2023. The BIC Africa Acceleration Programme for Woman Entrepreneurs, now in its third iteration, will assist 15 female business owners from Angola, Comoros, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Somalia, and 5 other African nations who want to expand their enterprises while helping to realize the UN Sustainable Development Goals. (SDGs).
Through a combination of online training modules, coaching sessions, individual exercises, and a mentoring program with women experts from Europe and Africa with relevant experience in supporting innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups, the program, which will run from May to September 2023, will focus on supporting women business owners across all sectors and business types
BIC Africa Acceleration Programme Benefits
- Explore growth and scaling trajectories for their businesses and solutions.
- Assess the team competencies and consider how their business model will adapt to the growth phase.
- Articulate the social value proposition, identifying why and how the proposed solution contributes to SDGs.
- Access to appropriate sector, local, and international experts.
- Join a vibrant community of women entrepreneurs, where to learn, exchange and connect.
- Connect with BIC Africa and EBN networks to unleash the impact of
- 6 live training modules (each lasting 1,5 hours)
- 4 group coaching sessions (each lasting 1,5 hours)
- Networking sessions (that will be organised back-to-back to the training and/or coaching sessions)
- Exercises and access to support documents
- Ad-Hoc Helpdesk through international mentoring support
- Certificate of Recognition
BIC Africa Acceleration Programme Requirements
- Be a woman (minimum age of 18-years-old) founder or owner of an already existing business with strong development potential, or an entrepreneur working on a project idea aimed to create a business with high growth potential.
- Aligned with at least one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs); strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth.
- Be available between May and September 2023 to participate in the Programme with a maximum of 2 hours per week for online sessions + time to work individually and reflect upon the learnings.
- Already running a start-up /project and seeking to scale up.
- Demonstrate a commitment to participating in all the activities of the Acceleration Programme and assisting in future developments of the programme.
- Have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Have a good working knowledge of English language.