Warehouse Operations Intern
No matching job preferences
DRYVA Logistics is an integrated logistics company, providing end to end supply chain management solutions. Our portfolio covers Trucking, Warehousing, Barge Operations, Private Jetty Terminals, and Freight Forwarding.
· Count all products, compare to waybill and check all shipments for damage, infestation and production code dates
· Report shortages, damages and mis-shipments on appropriate forms, and communicate any discrepancies observed during receipt or release of goods to the warehouse officer.
· Sign for inbound shipments when necessary
· Maximize space usage and safely put away items on the floor or racks
Order Picking & Outbound Freight:
· Ensure correct number and type of product is picked
· Stencil, tag or mark orders as required
· Compare quantity, labelling and address with order to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct
· Accept signatures for outbound as necessary
· Efficiently move product into outbound delivery vehicles
· Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts
· Ensure proper stock rotation
· Support the supervision of loading, offloading the goods into the warehouse by the warehouse loaders.
· Support periodic cycle count as per the standard operating procedure.
· Record daily transactions in warehouse register.
· File warehouse documents online and in physical folders as may be required.
· Update stock cards for goods in the warehouse.
· BSc or HND in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent in a highly analytical field from a reputable institution.
· Must have completed the NYSC program
· 0-2 years work experience. Prior experience working in a warehouse will be an advantage
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and PPT).
· Exceptional computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Supply chain/logistics certification might be an advantage
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Attention to details, and problem solving skills
· Strong work ethic, attention to detail and positive attitude
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
To apply for this role, interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected](Application deadline: May 17th, 2023)
Job Type: Internship
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 31/05/2023